Sometimes, when seeking a ‘vendor’ or ‘supplier’ for anything on a large scale, businesses will bend over backwards to win the contract — but do you know the things to look for when considering a paving contractor? We’ve got a list of questions and inquiries you should make:
- Always check with the Better Business Bureau
- If looking at different bids, weigh what’s included vs. what’s missing (the more expensive might offer more and/or the cheaper might be missing a lot of things that standard bids *do* include)
- Is the paving contractor licensed and bonded?
- Is the contractor insured? What exactly is insured?
- Is their workers’ compensation insurance up to date?
- What is included in their general liability insurance?
- Does the contractor have other projects and examples of the same size and scope?
- Is the company going to rent equipment or do they have their own?
- How does the contractor guarantee the quality of materials being used?
- Is the contractor a member of industry organizations and/or do they have certifications to share with you?
Feel free to ask us any questions you want. And, please do ask for references and work examples, we’re not shy — in fact, we’re quite proud of our work and will be happy to discuss projects in detail.