At HMA Paving & Contracting our skilled asphalt paving team knows how to best serve you and your project. Allow us to be the experts of your commercial project or development and our team will provide you with the best options, service, and outcome.
If you are in the process of designing or developing a commercial or municipal project that requires asphalt paving, here are a few reasons why not to delay binder paving.
Reasons not to delay binder paving!
• The need to regrade subbase due to plowing
• The need to obtain a certificate of compliance or certificate of occupancy if asphalt paving is required under the project
• Asphalt is easier to maintain in winter conditions such as removing the ice and snow
• Place binder later in the season than top if the project schedule is tight
Binder paving can be described as a course (or layer) of the paving process. Binder contains large stones and sand which gives the mixture, and subsequently the layer of paving, an extra level of strength and durability. It’s used for projects that are expected to see heavy traffic and vehicles. The weight of the traffic and the amount of traffic play a significant role in the specifications of the paving project. A highway, parking lot, new development, and other high traffic locations will need the durability of the binder course to increase longevity of the final product.
Advantages of Binder
Binder can withstand the extreme temperature differences that come with each season. Overall, binder helps to keep your project tough and long lasting for years to come.
Here are a few advantages of applying your binder course in the fall:
• Easier working conditions through the winter
• Safer access to newly constructed buildings
• Eliminates cleanup and muddy spring conditions
• Saves money
• Curb appeal
• Obtain certificate of occupancy or compliance
• Added property value
Our team is excited to help you save money and make your project successful!
Contact HMA Paving & Contracting Today
Contact HMA Paving & Contracting today to discuss your paving project, and to schedule your binder paving today! Visit our contact page or give our expert team a call at (518) 664-1014.