Commercial paving projects don’t last forever; even the best asphalt needs maintenance. Once the paving contractor finishes laying the asphalt pavement, time begins the inevitable process of wearing it down.
The top 5 signs your parking lot needs maintenance are:
- Cracks – All commercial paving wear and tear starts with a crack. Cracks in asphalt are primarily caused by the effects of the environment: sun exposure, moisture, and ground movement. Once a crack starts, moisture invades and contributes to the issue; making it worse by freezing and thawing.
- Oil Spots –Oil spots cause your asphalt to ‘unbind’ due to the reaction it has with the combined materials that gives asphalt its strength. An asphalt sealant will protect your parking lot from the effects of oil drips from parked vehicles.
- Raveling – This is when stones are coming out of the asphalt surface, giving the surface of your parking lot a very rough texture. An asphalt sealant will help stop this if the degradation is minor. In severe cases, a commercial paving overlay may be necessary first.
- Growing Grass – Grass is able to grow through the cracks in your parking lot and can cause a lot of problems with your asphalt. Before a parking lot is coated or cracks are filled, the grass beneath must be destroyed.
- Base problems – If you see standing puddles on your parking lot, that’s often a sign of an issue with the base. Water is asphalt’s biggest enemy and standing water will eventually destroy the asphalt where it sits.
At HMA Contracting we have successfully completed many paving projects, including businesses and universities. Asphalt pavement is a big part of modern life, but when a parking lot is cracked or is riddled with potholes, it is neither good looking, functional, or even safe for those who are driving and walking on it. Without the help of an asphalt paving contractor, a deteriorating parking lot will only continue to look bad and become worse.
Dependable Paving Contractors to Maintain your Parking Lot
At HMA Contracting our team has been installing, maintaining, and repairing commercial paving for a wide range of property types. We are able to inspect your parking lot and complete any maintenance necessary to get it functioning and looking better.
Our expert team of paving contractors will assess the condition of your parking lot and determine what needs to be done to restore it. Contact us today and we will give you a free commercial paving estimate.