Pickleball is one of the fastest growing sports in the United States. It’s easy to learn and is fun for people of all ages! Combining elements of tennis, badminton, and ping-pong, pickleball makes an excellent addition to schools, community parks, and country clubs.
At HMA Paving and Contracting, we have years of pickleball court construction under our belt and we’re familiar with the latest innovations and products that ensure the asphalt paving on your pickleball court gives you many years of carefree enjoyment. We’ve built numerous pickleball courts for residential homeowners, but we’re also focused on community involvement. As a result, we’ve had the privilege to build many commercial pickleball courts for country clubs and gyms, as well as pickleball courts for educational facilities like schools and colleges.
Pickleball Court Specs
Pickleball courts are very similar to tennis courts, but smaller in area. A regulation court includes the following:
- The court measures 20’ x 44’ and used for both singles and doubles
- Layout can be incorporated within a standard tennis court
- Right and left service courts
- 7’ non-volley zone in front of the net
- A net that measures 36” high at the sides and 34” in the center of the court
Asphalt is the preferred foundation for pickleball courts in New York due to our varying climate. Concrete is too brittle to withstand the constant heating and cooling that come with each season. Concrete court surfaces are much harder on the feet and legs of player as well. The texture of asphalt also ensures excellent adhesion for the color coating and sealants applied.
Our Pickleball Court Construction Jobs Include:
- Clearing the land for your pickleball court
- Grading the space to achieve proper terrain
- Ensuring there is no slope
- Attending to soil and drainage issues
- Landscaping around the pickleball court, if required
- Net installation, fencing, painting, color coding of the pavement, and more
Cost of Installing a Pickleball Court
The cost of installing a pickleball court varies depending on several factors including the desired size of the court, drainage, excavation, grading, and site layout which all affect the cost per square foot.
We give you a no-charge, no obligation estimate for the project. Plus, our work comes with a one-year warranty on labor and asphalt paving materials for pickleball court construction. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and our customers will vouch for that.