Environmentally friendly and sustainable paving options, such as porous asphalt
Environmentally friendly asphalt paving options are available for Albany and Upstate, NY from HMA Contracting Corp. We understand that our clients want sustainable options that will help keep the area that they live in as clean as possible.We take pride in delivering a range of green paving solutions, including the following innovative and sustainable products:
- Warm-mix asphalt allows the asphalt to be produced and placed in position at lower temperatures, which saves fuel and energy costs and decreases greenhouse gases.
- Reclaimed asphalt pavements, which can be mixed into new pours, also reduce the carbon footprint of new pavements and save landfill space at the same time.
- Porous asphalt – also known as permeable or open-graded asphalt – is an innovative asphalt with reduced fine-grains in the mix. The result is a green paving product that allows water to drain through its porous asphalt surface.
Our team cares about the local and global environment and we offer you these innovative, cost-effective, and attractive paving solutions that deliver durability with a longer lifespan than traditional asphalt paved surfaces. That’s what makes us one of the leading green paving contractors in the region. We are proud to serve the communities of Franklin, Essex, Hamilton, Warren, Washington, Fulton, Saratoga, Montgomery, Schenectady, Schoharie, Albany, Rensselaer, Greene and Columbia.
Porous Asphalt is the Ideal Choice for Green Paving
Porous asphalt pavement gives paving contractors an innovative tool for managing storm water runoff and controlling the damage that can be caused by runoff. During a storm or steady rainfall, water runoff flows over traditional pavement and picks up pollutants which are then transferred into the surrounding landscaping or local streams and storm systems. With porous asphalt, that potential environmental damage is greatly reduced.
Porous asphalt can be an option for certain residential, commercial, and industrial uses, including:
- parking lots and driveways
- bike trails and walking paths
- playgrounds and tennis courts
At HMA Contracting Corp., our asphalt paving experts give you a no-charge, no obligation estimate for your project. Plus, our work comes with a one-year warranty on labor and asphalt paving materials for all our paving projects.